Friday 12 February 2016

Recognized BJCP Judge.

doctored beers
I studied hard.
Passed the online exam, 200 questions in 60 minutes.
I studied hard. Again, and when  I say 'studied' I mean 'drinked': beers from every style I found.
I left a green bottle of my hhomebrewed beer, to be able to identify skunk from potolysis.

I made a paired tasting with crap commercial lagers to be sure I can get corn taste in beer.
I spent a whole evening smelling four different glasses of crap lager, doctored with lactic acid, clove alcohol tincture, diacetil, bisulphite, to recognize main beer flaws.
exam participants

I flew to Barcelona, tasted six beers in a row at 10:00 AM, with no breakfast (I wanted to have as much as possible a sensible nose).


Then finally:

I'm BJCP Recognized Judge.



No comments:

Post a Comment